Carignano Theatre is one of the most important theaters of Turin. Owned by the city, is the theatre in which the king went to see the play (as opposed to the Teatro Regio , which was the opera house). It was built by the princes of Carignano in the late seventeenth century, it was built in wood and was hosting small performances especially for the use of the family. In 1752, which it had fallen apart, was then rebuilt in bricks and designed by Benedetto Alfieri, who some years earlier had designed the Teatro Regio. It is managed by the foundation of the Teatro Stabile di Torino
Entrance to the theatre with the work of Luci d'artista decorating the ground of the piazza.