Tuesday, September 1, 2020

CDP September Theme A Favourite Photo

For the CDP September theme, I decided to post this photo of Torino, made in 2007 from the window of my previous apartment.
This is my favourite photo because this particular view of Torino is rather rare and private, plus it was 13 years ago and Torino has gone through quite a number of changes, so the same setting might not be found anymore.


It was done with my first digital camera, a Canon ios and I first shared this photo on Flicker without placing my signature on it.
Few years later, I shared it on a group about Torino on Facebook and immediately I was accused of stealing photo from other photographer and posted it as my own. I was rather shocked about the accusation, then they shared shearches from the web and I realised the photo was used in many sites, including overseas webpages. Later, I even found out that the photo was commercially used in packaging for sweets of a well known brand in Italy.

Another one of my favourite photo is this black and white photo made more than 30 years ago with my first analog camera, a Nikon FM 2, and the photo was developed by myself during a short course I was attending.


It was made in Batam island in Indonesia.
The photo is not perfect, as I had created a water mark on the negative while mishandling it  during the developing process.
It was scanned with a rather low quality printer-scanner, thus further deteriorated the quality of the image.
I like the atmosphere of the image and it marked an important expeience on my journey of making photos.

Please click here to view the other entries.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful choices.

Jack said...

If that first image is not perfect, I sure can't see the flaws. I love the light on the tower against the blue field.