Monday, July 26, 2021

K Pride La Frocessione

Not quite sure what was it about, the K Pride.


Looked through the site : https://gancio.cisti.org/event/1486, it explained:

'WHY FREE-K PRIDE?  

We claim the carnival, the bad taste, the provocation, the inconvenience. After more than a year of pandemic we can say that no, we have not come out better: on the contrary we are witnessing a resurgence of sexist and homolesbobitransphobic violence that punishes those who try to self-determine by breaking free from the cis-hetero-patriarchal regime. If you think this is a rhetorical and ideological discourse, Free-k Pride comes out of its fangs for you too and shouts in the street that we don't want to get used to living in a country where a woman is killed every three days, often by a man who has House keys. That we don't want to get used to living in a city where a 'rainbow bag' is an excuse to be brutally beaten on the street; where a teenager throws himself under a train and even after death he is sent threatening messages referring to his sexuality.'

I was passing by the piazza unintentionally, unawared that there was a manifestation going on. 

It was the next day after I had my 2nd dose of vaccine and I was not feeling so well, actually I was feeling a bit cold in the house, so I decieded to go for a walk under the hot sun to warm up a bit.

Then, I saw the policemen along the street, and then I saw all these colorful people in the piazza. So, I started snapping photo and ended up joining the parade.


It was colorful, wonderful and full of fun.

Location : Piazza Castello/Via Pietro Micca 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Thought provoking and lively.