Saturday, March 21, 2020

Lock Down The Eleventh Day

Day 11th. Had to get out of the house, needed to get some medicines at the pharmacy which is just in front of the Cathedral. So I put on my mask and gloves, then headed out.



Walked across IV Marzo Square, it was pretty deserted, this square is surrounded by restaurants and bars, so normally it is crowded and very lively. Despite being sunny and bright in the morning, it still felt rather depressing.


An old man approached and begged for some coins, he sounded like he was about to cry. Unfortunately I didn't have any extra to give him, so I had no choice but to walk away.



There was no other customer in the pahramcy, but still I had to wait for pharmacist to prepare my medicines.
While leaving, there were already some people queuing out the door for their turn.


In the afternoon, started immediately, outdoor activities such as running, jogging, cycling, ball playing etc are no more allowed in public places.


Location : Duomo/Piazza IV Marzo

The situation, the photos all seem surreal, it all becomes more real when someone you know became a victim.

For Elvira...RIP

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I'm sorry for your friend.

JudithK said...

This is all so hard. As an old person, I started staying home only 6 days ago. I have been out for essential shopping. 5 days ago, the first person in my town of 20,000 tested positive for the virus. And the second positive test was announced yesterday. The schools were closed for spring break last week, and will remain so. The governor of the state closed restaurants and bars mid-week. I live thousands of miles away from you. It's all so slow, and yet so fast....Thank you for posting.